Monday 25 August 2008

Toyfair - Ricoh Arena, Coventry

Well it started as an ordinary day, we set up at a fairly sparse Ricoh Arena probably due to it being a Bank Holiday, the 25th August. We thought it would be a quiet day, though there would be less duplication of products which means it might work in our favour.

Anyway the doors opened and it was a slow start, unfortunately we had a bit of a crisis at home which meant that Anne and myself had to leave and whilst Anne stayed at home I returned to the Ricoh. A round trip of three hours and 160 miles.

Whilst I was gone our partners PJ-Gifts manned the fort, and it has to be said they did very well, Pete and Jackie worked their socks off and I returned to a list of many a sale. I was just back in time for the pack up and a return home. I eventually got back at 6:30 a wee bit tired and the crisis nicely dealt with by Anne.

We did think we might let Pete and Jackie do the work for us next time as well, but they didn't like that idea.

No comments: